Per capita income is the “mean” or average income received by individuals, that is, total income divided by total number of people. Here, we provide information on real per capita income, which means the data have been adjusted for inflation.
Madison's per capita income, adjusted for inflation...
- was $28,780 in 2019, compared to $45,968 in Idaho;
- increased 29.3 percent between 2010 and 2019;
- increased 32.8 percent since 1969 when it was $15,514;
- increased 24.8 percent in the 1970s, decreased 7.6 percent in the 1980s, increased 13.4 percent in the 1990s, decreased 1.6 percent in the 2000s, and increased 32.8 percent in the 2010s;
- ranked 44th - from highest to lowest - out of the 44 counties in 2019.